Friday, November 09, 2007

Question of the day:

If a blogger doesn't post for a few weeks, is it still a blog?

That's your meditation for the day. Think on it, and it will give me time to come up with a good enough excuse as to why I have not been posting for awhile. Anyway, I finally was invited to join Ravelry. It is wonderful but it really is a black hole where you get sucked into for hours and a typical day goes from "I am going to sit here with my coffee and check out what others are doing with this Cascade 220" to "dinner!?, what dinner?!..fend for yourself....I'm on a roll here".
You get it. The creators of this website have done something extraordinary...its a huge cyber-knitting circle. You can share your WIP's, your finished projects...questions...they have groups set up so you can find other knitters in your area...and so on and so on. Be patient when you sign up as it took a couple of months for me to get my invite to officially join.

I have been knitting...alot. I have finished two additional pairs of socks. A ski hat for a friend of my daughter's, other Christmas gifts which I cannot mention as I don't want to spoil the surprise.

Is it me, or have the Christmas ads started even earlier this year. Wow, I couldn't believe it....but I have to be honest...I LOVE Christmas....I love the music, the shopping, the baking, the stupid Christmas romantic movies...I love it all. So, looking on the bright side, I get to spend more time doing stuff that I enjoy...baking, etc.

Also, I have decided that my new favorite show on tv (and trust me, I watch ALOT of tv--what did I do without DVR), is Paula Deen on HD. My husband and family love it as well and we typically watch it together deciding which of her dishes we want to make. I just found out that she will be in DC later this month....wouldn't it be fun to meet her.

Ok...I will post pictures as asap. Kisses everyone.

No comments: