Thursday, March 19, 2009

FINISHED HAT! From the book "Hats On". The yarn is Cascade Venezia worsted which is a 70% merino wool and 30% silk. It is gorgeous to work with...incredibly soft with a touch of sheen. The color combination is a bit unusual...but she loves it. (She is my daughter).
This is the top of the hat. The decreases are a bit confusing, you know how in patterns where they write a decrease but in the graph it still only counts as one stitch...ok, I don't think I am explaining that correctly. I mean that when it says to decrease, the next graphed stitch is actually part of the decrease, so when the graph says...K, K, SSK, K, K..the way it read with the yarn was: K, K, SSK, K
Does that make sense? Anyway, I just followed my gut and I think it turned out beautifully.
I knitted her initials into it...pretty cool, huh? I wish I could take credit for the idea of the knitted initials, but alas, I cannot.
The best part about finishing a project is the satisfaction of a job well done, oh, and the EXCITEMENT about the next new project!

No comments: