Friday, September 15, 2006

Lion Brand going upscale!! Just got this catalogue in the mail. Of course, I love all things catalogues! This one is really beautiful. They have some gorgeous yarns. I have to admit there is a part of me that is somewhat snobbish about my yarn--the thought of any yarn made with (that dreadful 'A' word) was enough to send me into a tizzy. I would immediately go to my LYS and shop for something pure and natural. When I would hear people talk about going to Michael's to buy yarn, I would smile and think "well they just aren't buying very good yarn".

Of course, this catalogue is going to change my mind about that. I have gone to the store and felt some of this yarn and it is great! The microspun is slick and soft (use wooden needles!) and the cashmere blend is as good as any I have seen. They offer a pattern in the catalogue for the cashmere blend. Check out this sweater.

I think its really interesting and it is knit in the cashmere blend. I wonder if the shaping would be hard on the yoke---ha ha, since when have I ever worried about that. I think I will have to go and get me some of this yarn.

Here's the (slow) progress I am making on Vintage Velvet:

I only wish that you could put your hand on the screen and feel this wonderful fabric. The pattern is not hard at all, but you do have to pay attention. If you have read my blog, you know that I am also an actress and have been performing in a show all month. We perform Thursdays through Sundays, so its not leaving me much time to knit---I hate that. I am on stage the whole time, so no backstage knitting either. Bummer. The reviews have been great though so its all worth it.

Let me know what you all think of the Lion Brand Catalogue!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope I get one of those I love that cowl...moebius?

Thanks for the heads up!

Have a great weekend. I added you to my bloglines!

barbp said...

That sweater pattern is gorgeous. The velvet looks luscious. Sounds like you need to have them write knitting into your part LOL!!

Thanks for the comment and the questions about the Pomatomus sock. Your email address doesn't come through on your comments if you send me your email to barb2526@gmail.com we can chat about your questions.

Kathleen said...

I cannot wait to see the finished scarf.