Friday, September 22, 2006

YOU PUT IT WHERE???!!!!


Yep--that's right. You put it in the washing machine. After all that expensive yarn, all those stitches, all that luscious softness, you hold your breath.............you lay it gently on top of the washing machine, weighing your options. Do I really want to do this...yes, I know the end product IS beautiful. But, what if this particular yarn batch doesn't felt? What if it turns into this giant ball of lint? Oh my...so you make the decision to go ahead and put it in. You are going to gamble and see if it works out.



And then, this is what happens. Oh my.......its' gorgeous, its' beautiful, its' everything you KNEW it would turn out to be.
Here's a close up. It looks like velvet, doesn't it? And it hasn't really lost all of its softness. In fact, it is very soft, and since the stitches are barely noticable, it looks like a solid piece of fabric. Ok, so I guess those pattern writers know what they are talking about. I can't believe I was able to finish this....I don't think I have ever knit anything as quickly as this. I am giving it to my friend today at lunch (a surprise) and will post pictures of that later.
I guess now, I should finish those socks I started a while ago!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lovely..I can almost see how soft it must be!

A lovely addition for cooler fall temps!

Nice job